The following is a compilation of some of my journal entries from the last week.

The beauty of Autumn a blur
Red, orange brown, gold
As I rush to be at your side
Praying, begging, that I can only be with you
To feel the warmth of your hand, to whisper,
As you pass from this world to the next
You have waited, I am here, you sense me
I smooth your white hair, I kiss your brow
I hold your hand as we wait together
When we are alone I desperately tell you once again
About my love for you, our sweet memories
That it’s ok for you to go on ahead
The sight, the sound, the smell
Convincing me, while all this time I’ve wanted to keep you
Now I just want your struggle to end
I promise I’ll stay right here
I hold you in my arms
Willing you to feel my love
It’s time, our tears intermingle
One final breath, one small shudder
You are gone
My heart falls and breaks somewhere deep inside
Yet my soul is vibrantly alive and smiles through the sheet of tears
Sensing the peace that has finally come
Fufillment as you now know the unconditional love of a father
Peace as you are free of all worry and regret
Joy as you are reunited with your love
Today the leaves are gone, fallen with you
We gather, we remember, we say another farewell
We give you back to the very ground
That once sustained your life
I hear the soft creaking of a porch swing
I am a child once again, and you are beside me
Grandma and Grandaughter
Giggling and whispering late into the night
Grandma on her 95th birthday looking at a painting of her high school graduation picture.
6 comments:
Sorry for your loss.
That is beautiful Casey. Thank you for sharing such a tender part of yourself. I am sure that Nellie May would be thrilled that she inspired such words and beauty. Love you dearly in this and every moment.
....beautiful Casey.
I've been starring at this box for a while unsure of what to say. I want to say something, but the words aren't there. So, I'll just let you know I've been here, to your blog, and I am blessed by you again.
Love you.
Carrie
Thanks, friends, for being close to me in my sadness. I so appreciate your words.
Casey, this was such a beautiful snippet from your journal, your thoughts, and your prayers. It brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing and know I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment