Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Halloween Catch-up

Here are a few pics from Halloween.

We went to Hy-Vee first (have I mentioned my infatuation with Hy-Vee?) where they had ten trick-or-treating stations set up around the perimeter of the store, complete with all kinds of yummy and even healthy snacks. After making the rounds, we ate in the Hy-Vee cafeteria, life does not get much better!

Upon arriving home, the boys demanded treats from several of our neighbors, including Ernie from across the street.

They were very happy with their booty, and I think they have finally had their fill. I threw away a huge bag of it today (is that bad?) since I'm on a diet and don't seem to have the self-control to stay away from it.

4 comments:

Carrie Jean said...

No that is not bad. Do you want to come to my house and throw away candy? I can't seem to do it and my hips show it!

Anonymous said...

why didn't i think of that... ava doesn't even like candy so i have eaten hers down to the last 5 pieces. oh yeah.
~Erica

DVD said...

You forgot to mention that it's me dressed as a scarecrow next to the boys. Pretty good costume, eh?

No guilt required for ditching the candy remains. The boys had plenty. One of Aaron's ideas this year was to set aside some Halloween candy for his birthday party the next week. He placed a piece of candy on top of every cup cake. (then he got sick and the party was canceled but it was still sweet of him!)

Angie said...

The Halloween picsare Jacob's favorite.