This week we also took a tour of the school that Aaron will be attending for kindergarten this Fall. (pause for tears to well up....) I guess I'll talk more about that later, I'm going to allow myself to stay in denial for a bit longer.
The rest of the week was spent nursing our sick children. Aaron has pneumonia in both lungs and an infection in both ears, William has pneumonia in his left lung. We are all tired and looking forward to feeling better.
We are looking forward to Easter and the good news it brings. With any contemplation at all, I am floored by the sacrifice and gift of our gracious God.
Grandma and Grandpa VanDyke spent the night with us Friday night and started off our Easter weekend well, we were so glad for their company!
We will spend Sunday having Easter dinner at our dear friend Mary's, she'll have a big meal and an Easter egg hunt for the boys and Sophia. We are hoping to go to church sometime this weekend if the boys are feeling good enough. My Grandma and Aunt are coming on Monday for a few days and we always enjoy our time with them (if I don't exhaust myself with cleaning before their visit). Then, on Wednesday, I'm getting away for about 24 hours with my good friend Emily - we plan to eat out, sleep in, relax and not answer to the name "mommy." So, I'm looking forward to the week ahead, and am also hoping that good weather will accomodate my plans for fun and relaxation!
3 comments:
wow! so many things to comment on! so glad you and D still relish the time you have alone. that time is gold! your st. patty's meal looks awesome! how come i can't live across the street? i love the picture of grandpa and the little ones! wow-pneumonia and sore ears--tough luck! we'll just not comment about school, denial is a good place to be sometimes...
Your corned beef looks fantastic! Sounds like you guys had a great St. Patrick's day...
Also, sorry to hear about both boys coming down with the sickness. Hopefully Spring will bring warmer weather and healthy times for everyone!
Hope you guys had a great Easter!
It's hard to look at that picture without squeezing them!
Sweet-hearted boys, they truly enjoyed Easter. The egg hunt at Mary's was quintessential Aaron and William: Aaron left several eggs in place that he thought Sophia could find, and William would run by 3 eggs to get the one in the corner that he managed to spot on his own. And when they opened their eggs they shared their chocolate.
But don't worry, they had plenty. When we got back home Casey and I took a rare nap, and I was shocked when I slept 45 minutes, the boys don't usually leave us alone that long. When I went into the living room they were sitting on the rug surrounded by candy and wrappers.
Aaron also learned at church that "At Easter we celebrate the day Jesus died." Did anything happen after Jesus died, we asked? "Nope. Well, they laid him in a toon." Anything after that? "No." But then spurred on by questions, I guess, Aaron asked, "Why did God let Jesus die?" Oh boy.
Post a Comment