Saturday, March 1, 2008

Marching On

Our front yard garden gnome patiently waiting for spring.

Although February was a fantastically normal month, I am happy to welcome the month that holds the beginning of our beloved spring. February started with my having a painful cyst and all of us having the flu with effects that lasted well over a week, but the upside was David took several days off work to recover and it was nice to cuddle around the house for a few days. Here's some tulips I recieved from a friend when I was sick, a refreshing splash of color in an otherwise brown month!


I have immensely enjoyed the return to life as a full-time SAHM, I am loving the freedom of the simpler schedule. On one Monday, the boys and I met Joyce (mother-by-law) at the outlet mall and she graciously entertained the boys while I did most of the shopping. We've had neighborhood parties, playdates with friends, birthday parties, girls nights, volleyball and basketball games and I even attended a Martina McBride concert last Sunday night. This past week the boys and I roadtripped to IL for a few days to visit Grandma, Aunt Jannie and my parents. We had a great time and enjoyed not only the time with family but I particulary took advantage of my mom's homecooking and suffered a setback on my New Year's diet - but it was well worth it!

David blogged about his "salon" experience but neglected to post a photo, so here's a pic of he and LJ's new haircuts.





Aaron and William waiting for Spring... It's already 50 degrees today and we plan to spend the rest of the day outside.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some very good looking people!!!

A very proud Mom and Grandma

Anonymous said...

Wow!!I think this is David's "look"!! And Laurie looks so glamorous! I love your writing, Casey. You have a way with words. Keep it up! Love, Linda

LaurieJo said...

I should have held out for a better pic. Why does my face look so big?

Unknown said...

great pics and haircuts!