Saturday, March 8, 2008

State Champion Babysitter


"Mama, maybe you could turn up the heat a bit," Aaron says a few minutes after he and William had stripped down to their cartoon emblazoned undies. "We are jungle animals, and we are getting a little cold, jungles are supposed to be hot." Thinking back to the rather chilly winters of my own childhood (when it was more comfortable to hold my pee inside my stretched bladder all night then it was to get out of my bed and brave the near arctic temperatures to make my way down the creaking, winding stairs to the privy and break thru the layer of ice in the toilet to relieve myself) I said rather shortly "If you are cold, put your clothes back on and pretend it's your fur!" "Well," retorts Aaron, apparently changing his mind "we're actually NOT animals, we are jungle cave men, so we don't have fur except for around our bottoms." Well, they had a point, but I still didn't turn up the heat, as they were running around like little jungle madmen and I figured they were generating enough heat of their own to keep themselves warm.

In our weekend news, we attended the Final 4 Girls High School basketball game last night at Mizzou Arena and it was some great entertainment! Our local high school team is advancing to the State Championship game tonight. Kelsie Shearrer, one of A & W's favorite babysitters, is one of the stars on the Rockbridge Bruins team. Yesterday, Aaron was very concerned that he wear the team colors to support Kelsie, so we went went shopping to purchase a team shirt. William, however, found a shirt that suited his tastes a little better. Now, we aren't sure if Kelsie has any hint of Irish heritage, but she is a gorgeously cream-skinned, freckled, red-haired beauty, so William thought he would corner the market at the game with this little number:

"Irish Girls Love Me"

Plus, he knows his Grandmother V claims to have a wee bit o' the Irish in 'er, and she certainly loves him...

Last night the people behind us tittered as William ran out out of the row with his pudgy hand clamped over his round bottom saying "I have to go poop, Daddy!" David ended up missing much of the exciting 3rd quarter due to a lengthy bathroom trip with the boys, so when he got back I suggested that we get a babysitter for the championship game tonight. Aaron would have none of that! He was not missing the big game! He is already dressed in his lucky shirt today, as is William.



The boys have their friend Lakota over this morning. At least, I think she's here. As soon as she got here William and his shirt whisked her upstairs and I haven't seen them since. Hopefully William can adequately explain himself to her big daddy when he comes to pick her up.


By the way, despite what we tell him, William insists that his shirt says "I like girls."

2 comments:

LaurieJo said...

Sounds like such a great weekend with the boys! I am always amazed at how imaginative...and informed they are! :)

Unknown said...

oh my goodness what a hoot!