We haven't been to the St. Louis Zoo in several months, so decided to make the trip today. It rained the whole way there, but as we arrived in Forest Park the rain stopped, it was cool and cloudy all day - perfect weather for a day at the zoo! And, we pretty much had the place to ourselves.
Several of the animals that we don't usually get to see were out and about enjoying the cool weather too.
The boys enjoy the children's area at the zoo, where there is a playground and a slide that goes through the otter habitat.
I can never resist a shot of these beautiful eyes...
The huge beetle outside the Insectarium is always fun to climb on. I get the creepy-crawlies all through the Insectarium, looking at such things as the bird-eating spider and cockroaches the size of my foot.
Butterflies are an insect that I actually enjoy.
I'm pretty partial to these big brown eyes too...
We ended the day with a ride on the train, always a highlight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That looks awesome! We had the thought yesterday morning, too. Ours faded pretty quickly, though. :)
Glad everyone had fun!
Post a Comment