The weather did not cooperate with our plans, it was raining or too cool to be in the water most of the week! So, we were forced to find other things to do. While I missed the opportunity to relax by the pool and read, we had a fun time doing lots of other things. David's parents joined us for our first night and day, we spent 4 days at Silver Dollar City, toured Marvel Cave, met up with my cousin Paul & his fiance' to see Dixie Stampede, rode go-carts, watched an Imax Deep Sea movie, paddle-boated on Table Rock Lake, played mini-golf and took a lunch cruise on the Branson Belle.
We feel grateful and incredibly blessed to even get to go on vacation at all, let alone getting to do so many fun things together!
6 comments:
Great pictures of the boys!! They just look like they're having the time of their lives.
I love the one of Aaron with his hands in the air and I didn't know William rode to!!
It was fun
Mom
I was hoping to see some vacay photos! Branson is a great place to get rained on, the only bad part is you just get to spend a whole lot more money! Looks like you had a great time in spite of the weather though. Thanks for sharing!
It was a great time, though a different kind of fun that we originally planned. It's great fun to see "old" things through boys who have never experienced them before. William and I were in the bathroom at Cracker Barrel in Branson and William asked, "are we in Cracker Barrel?" Yes. "Are we in Columbia?" No. "I didn't know there was another Cracker Barrel!"
And it's satisfying to see the boys stretch themselves in new experiences like the cave or riding a ride without a parent for the first time. During one segment of the Showboat performance, the emcee opened up a Q&A session with the audience. Aaron told us he had a question and then popped his hand up as high as he could. Standing on his chair and speaking loudly so the entire audience could hear, he asked the emcee, "What do YOU do here on the Showboat Branson Belle?" Brought the house down in laughter and the host couldn't believe he was being insulted by a kid. Aaron's beaming confidence did more for me than the show.
A good time.
P.S. Looking at William's face, how can we not get that boy a pet?! I've never seen anyone as enthralled with and loving of animals as that boy!
It is good to get caught up on your blog. It is such fun to read.
Love you.
Post a Comment