Saturday, August 23, 2008

DVD's #37



We celebrated David's birthday earlier this week. The boys were up early to decorate and wrap his gifts (MU Tiger gear) and to give him their handmade cards. He of course was touched by their efforts. We love how they really seem to get into celebrating others.

Unfortunately for David, it was on our very last day of vacation, so the boys were tired and cranky, I was ready for normalacy, and David was feeling the weight of returning to work the next day after being gone for over a week. So far, for David, 37 just feels really tired!

5 comments:

LaurieJo said...

That 37-year-old has a beautiful family. Sorry they're tiring.

DVD said...

Wow, I sound grumpy, old or both! Truth is I rocked a 124 note streak on lead guitar on Rock Band last night!!

My birthday was full of all the important things, just not sleep (you didn't mention William's week long struggle with night wakings). But that pales in comparison to the love communicated through the amazing care and ingenuity the boys poured into my cards and gifts. I'm a lucky daddy and a blessed partner.

Anna Casey said...

Oops, sorry David. I guess I'M the one who was tired when I posted ths...

Anonymous said...

37!! I am the one who is old and tired!!

Your mother

Love You

Bill, Lauren, Will and Caroline said...

what a beautiful family! (even if you are old and tired)