Flowers and Butterflies just make me happy. Plain and simple I may be. I am drawn to their intricate and complex yet seemingly peaceful beauty. They don't even have to strive to attain their beauty. No rushing through morning showers, no shaving their legs or applying makeup, no product to force their petals to lay any differently than how they opened to greet the morning light. No fretting over which color to wear, content to be adorned as they were created.
I snapped these shots during our latest trip to the Monsanto Insectarium.
Impressive shots Casey! If I ever get a fancy shmancy camera I know who to get some tips from. Aaron even looked over my shoulders and said, "who took those pictures??"
I read your blog a few days ago, and I've kept thinking about it. Do you think when we get to heaven we'll finally be content to be adorned as we were created? Do you think it's possible to find that contentment here on Earth? Creation is beautiful! Thanks for capturing it and sharing it! :)
These are fantastic! Following is a poem I am growing to love. When I think of how hard I "try" to be who I would like to be it reminds me to look for His glance. Then real contentment in my beauty comes. No, it is not yours to open buds into blossom.
Shake the bud, strike it,
It is beyond your power to make it blossom.
Your touch soils it.
You tear its petals to pieces and strew them in the dust,
But no colors appear and no perfume.
Oh, it is not for you to open the bud into blossom.
He who can open the bud does it so simply.
He gives it a glance, and the life sap stirs through its veins,
4 comments:
Impressive shots Casey! If I ever get a fancy shmancy camera I know who to get some tips from. Aaron even looked over my shoulders and said, "who took those pictures??"
I read your blog a few days ago, and I've kept thinking about it. Do you think when we get to heaven we'll finally be content to be adorned as we were created? Do you think it's possible to find that contentment here on Earth? Creation is beautiful! Thanks for capturing it and sharing it! :)
Thanks for your comments.
Cathy, I sure hope I can come to some contentment about the way I look before I get to heaven!
These are fantastic! Following is a poem I am growing to love. When I think of how hard I "try" to be who I would like to be it reminds me to look for His glance. Then real contentment in my beauty comes.
No, it is not yours to open buds into blossom.
Shake the bud, strike it,
It is beyond your power to make it blossom.
Your touch soils it.
You tear its petals to pieces and strew them in the dust,
But no colors appear and no perfume.
Oh, it is not for you to open the bud into blossom.
He who can open the bud does it so simply.
He gives it a glance, and the life sap stirs through its veins,
At his breath, the flower spreads its wings
And flutters in the wind.
Colors flash out like heart longing,
The perfume betrays a sweet secret.
He who can open the bud does it so simply
Tagore
Love, LLZ
Post a Comment