Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Seriously, I Love Summer



Life (for a stay-at-home-mom, at least) is so much easier and pleasant in the summer, especially when my birthday, anniversary and Independence Day all fall within the same week. I feel like I'm on a 3-month vacation. We walk, we ride bikes, we play in the backyard, the frontyard, in the pool. We eat dinner outside, we drink beer on the "swang" in the evenings, we wear tanktops and shorts in an effort to keep cool and chase the elusive tan. We spend a lot of time chatting in the street with neighbors, we say "Isn't this weather somthin'?" Sigh of happiness. These moments are worth a lifetime.

The boys have spent a lot of time enjoying the simple pleasures of water. Like this morning, they enjoyed frolicking in the quick rain shower.



They also enjoy our Wal-mart pool most afternoons.




And water guns were enjoyed at the July 4 neighborhood party.


I didn't mention it, but I had a wonderful birthday. I felt very loved and celebrated by my boys. Even the evening sky cooperated in giving me a beautiful gift:

3 comments:

LaurieJo said...

What's not to love about the summer? If only our husbands could join us. I feel so lucky to have this summer with you guys across the street and everyone home! It makes for some great times on a nearly daily basis. Thanks.

DVD said...

In the background of the July 4 pic, you can see the canopy taking shape! It was a great weekend: partied Friday till 2 am (as our forefathers intended), rid of my hangover by noon on Saturday, and swimming and Wall E on Sunday.

We're entering the Dog Days of Summer "when the seas boiled, wine turned sour, dogs grew mad, and all creatures became languid, causing to man burning fevers, hysterics, and phrensies." Woohoo!

Erick said...

Those two guys putting up the canopy looked "phat".

I do love summer. It is almost never to hot, imo.