Sunday, July 20, 2008

Deep Thoughts


The other evening, while getting ready for bed, Aaron asked "When you die, how do you choose to go to God?" His daddy answered, "Actually, that's something you can choose to do before you die." To which Aaron replied immediately, "Then I choose to be with God."



The other day, while at a restaurant, a pleasant looking older woman commented to William about his zoo hat, "I like your hat, were you at the zoo today?" To which William responded, all the while staring maniacally at her plate "I want that bacon!"

6 comments:

LaurieJo said...

I laughed out loud...again! I love those stories, and even the pictures really show how different they are. They are growing up to be such great people!

Anonymous said...

Ben did that to some old woman the other day too...

~ec

Anonymous said...

I love these stories. Please tell Aaron that I am so glad that he wants to be with God and that is an answer to my prayer!!
cjm

DVD said...

Both boys have always been spiritually sensitive guys. Aaron freaked me out once when he was only 2 or 3 - by telling me he saw Jesus in his room at night. We had very limited conversation about this stuff at that point so it was quite a shock.

They process the information quite differently. Aaron likes to talk it out while William will think on something for days or even weeks before he lets you in on what he's been thinking about. Sometimes he'll mention something from a few weeks ago and surprise me that he's been thinking about it.

We never push spirituality on them (I let them bring it up and I give very few "answers" since there really aren't many). So their innate desire and acceptance is compelling evidence of the Inner Light. My greatest job is to avoid crushing that Light. Godspeed to us all.

Mom said...

I loved the latest blog. I like to keep up to date with my daughter and family. I love those 2 little guys

Anna Casey said...

Thanks, Mom, we love you too!