Saturday, June 28, 2008

From St. Louis to Chicago

Brief update from the last few weeks...

David had a CLE in St. Louis last week so we made the quick overnight trip with him.

Our view from the hotel room of the Arch and Busch Stadium. There happened to be a Cardinals vs Royals game gearing up as we were arriving.


Rode the Metro over to Lacledes Landing, a beautifully restored historic downtown area. We enjoyed eating on an outside patio followed by a horse-drawn carriage ride.


We walked over to the Arch, the boys enjoyed their first close-up view. We didn't go up inside of it, as it kind-of still creeps David and I out to ride in the tiny, jerking capsule for 20 minutes up to the top. We didn't think the boys were ready for that.


The flood waters are already over the road and up the steps to the Arch, and still rising.


By far, the boys favorite activity of the entire evening was to ride the "train" (Metro).

From St. Louis I took what turned out to be a 9 hour Amtrak ride to Chicago to visit my childhood friend, arriving in Union Station at 2:45am.

I actually enjoyed the train ride, it's convenient and relaxing.


Listening to Willie Nelson LIVE at the Ravina Park was incredible fun. There were thousands of people there, set up with picnics and wine. As usual, he opened with Whiskey River, one of my favorite songs. I was too comfortable in our little spot to get up and actually get a picture of him.


We spent an entire afternoon sitting on a bench on the beautiful Lake Michigan.


My friend Rachel. We were born on the same day 34 years ago and have been friends ever since. We had a great weekend celebrating our upcoming birthday together.

6 comments:

LaurieJo said...

This post was definitely worth the wait. :) Beautiful pictures of what sounds like a lot of summer fun. By the way, the birthday isn't upcoming if it's today....Happy Birthday!!

Erick said...

I did want to thank you for your post. I know it is difficult to post once every 3 weeks, but the effort is very nice. A true sacrifice.

Seriously though I do enjoy reading and looking at the pictures even though I see most of the things first hand.

Bill, Lauren, Will and Caroline said...

I'm so impressed with your pictures! I wish I had your eye for creativity and your passion for getting just the right shot. I seem to always miss the perfect shot. Thanks for depicting your life happenings in such an incredible way. Teach me!

Anonymous said...

What fun to read the highlights of your trips. I've been anxious to hear about it. The pictures are stunning and impressive. Teach me, oh master!

Anonymous said...

How fun - I found your blog and got to see a picture of Rachel. (I wish I had spent more time w/ her in Deerfield!) Anyway - so good to read of your adventures!! I can't believe you've been married 15 years!!!!!

Anna Casey said...

Thanks for the compliments about my photos. I don't think there is much I can "teach" you. I have the natural eye, ya know. Ya either got it or ya don't...