Really, this week I have enjoyed several mom moments. On Thursday we relaxed around the house all day. Laurie and Sophie crossed Timbers Court late morning and we enjoyed chatting over coffee while the kids played. They ended up staying for lunch, it's so nice to have no plans but the ones made in the moment!
In the afternoon the boys went outside and discovered something very strange growing in our pine trees. I had no idea what it was and we were all a little frightened by it. Ernie set us at ease by letting us know it was just a harmless fungus. After that the boys ended up playing "mud monster" while I wasn't paying close attention. Needless to say, a bath quickly followed their romp in the mud.

On Friday the boys served me at a Mother's Day Tea Party held at their preschool. We drank pink lemonaid out of tea cups and the boys painted my nails, it was luxurious...
We worked the rest of the weekend on The Project. We hauled 8 tons of pea gravel so the surface is now complete. Construction has begun! Thanks for the help this weekend from the Bacons & Nusbaums and from neighbors Ernie, Dean, Big Aaron,Jenny and of course Erick and LJ.
Today we had brunch at one of our favorite hangouts on 9th Street and came home to eat cupcakes.
Every year I become more deeply honored to be called "Mommy" by these precious boys. And I am grateful for a partner who makes every effort to support and applaud my role as "Mom".
1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day to a great mom!
Post a Comment