Tuesday, December 4, 2007

R2D2 Joins the Holy Family



Despite my periodic attempts to remove him with a flick of the toe, R2D2 (beloved Star Wars character) continues to find himself standing in reverence in front of the swaddled newborn Messiah. Apparently, someone in this family feels as if this is where he belongs this Advent season. It almost seems as if the droid himself appreciates his new role in the Nativity, as he quietly yet confidently takes his place in the Holy manger scene.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that's so sweet! Abby would constantly rearrange the manger scene when she was little. I remember her laying on the floor playing "house" which each one. R2D2 needs a Saviour too :-)

Anonymous said...

I notice the protocol droid C3PO is nowhere to be seen. What's up with that? Also, what's up with my knowledge of Star Wars?

And by the way, I think it is David that keeps putting him there. That wise guy (pun intended)

EE said...

I can totally relate. I have a similar picture with my son's clone troopers surrounding Baby Jesus. I did a scrapbook page and titled it "Nontraditional Nativity".
Thanks for taking me back there tonight:)