Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekending is my Fav

Henri captures it well in this pose. This is how all five of us feel about our weekends. Saturday was 70 degrees and sunny, we spent the entire morning on the deck, ate lunch out there, then DVD, William and Henri hiked for two and a half hours in the afternoon, while Aaron and I played a competitive two hours of checkers and made our first ever batch of guacamole that basically tasted like ass.

Aaron and William have discovered Harry Potter, so they spend a lot of time with their nose in a book. I must say that I am quite fond of this quiet activity of theirs.

Aaron started soccer this week and he is in heaven on the field. Today was his first organized soccer game ever. You can see him chewing his lip, that's what he does when he's anxious (I do the same thing). I'll hopefully get better pictures in the games to come.

Water break.

I guess William isn't so interested in soccer, this is what he did the entire game. Aaron begged him to come watch him and William said "Ok, if I can bring a book I'll come..."


Henri's major advancement this weekend was giving up his morning nap, and it's time. Most toddlers give up their morning naps by 14 months, Henri is almost 18 months. He's never really showed any signs of wanting to give it up, he always yawns at 8:45am, wants right in his bed, and sleeps for about an hour. On Friday morning, he decided he would not take a nap, and did the same on Saturday. By Sunday, he didn't even think about it. I'll miss the morning quiet time to myself to get things done, but it'll also be nice to be freed up to do other things outside the house in the mornings. I'm also hoping this translates into a longer afternoon nap.

I'm also denying that I've said for months that when Henri gave up his morning nap that I'd go back to the gym in the mornings. Crazy said what?

3 comments:

JLV said...

Thank You!

Mom said...

I chew on the ole lip too, so that makes three generations. Love ya, Mom

Jenny said...

I LOVE these updates and all of the great pictures. Hopefully I'll get to see Aaron play a game sometime soon!