Sometimes I find myself still surprised by how much happens in just a weeks time. Not that it's anything dramatic, or that our schedule outside the home is overly full, I think our boys are just a busy bunch.
We now have a new pet snail. He was found in a bunch of kale, somewhat smashed,with half his shell missing. Aaron could not bear to throw him out, "He's hurt! We have to take care of him!". He researched on the internet (while I continued to make supper with the aforementioned kale) what kind of snail it was, what it likes to eat, and how to create a habitat for it. I was skeptical about the snail's chances, but I do believe that he is starting to regrow his shell, and he does seem to inch around every once in a while.
My Aunt and Grandma also came to visit last week. Henri was especially glad to have the company and the extra attention. We had a great visit.
St. Patricks Day, which used to mean corned beef and lots of beer, now just means scrambling around the night before looking for green things for the boys to wear. David, of course, refused to deviate from his usual white shirt.
We enjoyed a weekend full of incredible spring weather! We intended to take a bike ride, but an hour later and a trip to Walmart for a special tire pump that still didn't fix the problem and we ended up just walking along Gans Creek trail. The boys do love mud, rocks and water. By boys, I mean Aaron and William. Henri thinks his hands should remain sand free, and he kept pointing at his dirty toes in confusion and he refuses to pick up his own throwing rocks, and we oblige by picking them up for him. We'll pay for that later, I know.
This week brings mild suffering from allergy symptoms, consequences of a weekend outside in the spring. Now it's cold again, but Henri and I took advantage of a nice day yesterday by walking on the trail instead of going to the gym (yes, I'm back at the gym 3x/week). Since I have been eating a lot of beans lately, it is somewhat stressful for me to be around large crowds of people... so the trail is a somewhat safer option for all involved.
Next week is Spring Break and the boys will be home all week. I am taking a trip to Richmond, Virginia at the end of the week with my Recovery Ministry team to visit another Recovery program and I'll also be speaking at a recovery conference there. Preparation time has been sparse, so I'm feeling a tad anxious about it. On the up-side, I get to buy some new clothes as I don't have anything that looks even remotely professional in my current wardrobe. I also think I should probably slow down on the beans before travelling next week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Cracking me up with the beans, Casey. It's funny because it's true...
Can't wait to meet the snail! Is his name Gary? (Spongebob reference)
Sounds like a wonderful week. I'm guessing the snail likes Kale. You know, cause that's where he was and all. Very nice of Aaron to nurse him back to health. Maybe later you can introduce the boys to escargot.
Have fun in Virginia. You know Virginia is for lovers. Or so they say. Also, you'll do great at the conference. When feeling nervous it apparently helps to visualize the audience naked.
Its so nice to have you back in my blog list. My offer stands that you can take my story and share it in VA. All the work is already done for you.
Post a Comment