Monday, October 4, 2010
Backyard Guest
This beautiful girl has been living on our back deck for the past two weeks! She has made herself a home right outside the back window. Sometimes, when I notice that she hasn't moved for a while, or when she seems to be hanging by only one leg in the center of her web, I give her a poke to make sure that she is still alive. She's still very much alive, and I think she watches me when I drink my morning coffee out there. I keep an eye on her too. Not quite as relaxing sitting out there when I'm worried that she's going to jump over to join me.
Tomorrow is picture day at school, causing me to scramble this evening to see if the boys had any shirts with a collar that fit. Thanks to some hand-me-downs from Thomas Bacon, they do. Aaron complains the collar bothers him, William says he only wants to wear collared shirts from here on out. Henri was just grumpy this evening and didn't appreciate being in on the picture, and I'm guessing he would have fought a collar too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Spiders freak me out. I love the feel of collars. And that picture of the boys.
Loving all the new pictures of the boys! They are really growing. As for the spider pic, I know there is beauty in all of nature, but I am with Laurie about spiders. Fall seems to have brought some of these critters indoors. For a few days last week, there was a sizeable black spider in the shower when I opened the door to get in! My hero, Russ, came in (at my shrieks of protests over this invasion!), scooped the offender up, flushed it down the toilet. After a couple of days of this, we joked that the thing was being flushed and then coming back up through the shower drain everyday! We haven't seen any for a while now, and I try not to think about it .....when laying in bed at night....about to go to sleep....and something feels itchy on the back of my neck! Love, LZ
Post a Comment