We had a lovely time celebrating Christmas with David's parents in Southwest Missouri this weekend. Going to Silver Dollar City Christmas Festival on Friday night totally got us into the Christmas spirit! The city is decorated with over four million lights and it is a sight to behold. We enjoyed delicious food and hot drinks while walking around admiring the sights and sounds. Joyce and I took in the live musical performance of Dickens A Christmas Carol (while sharing a hot apple dumpling with cinnamon icecream) and loved every minute of it. The boys saw a kids show where Frosty the Snowman actually comes to life and they were quite impressed.
We woke up Saturday morning to a delicious hot homemade breakfast and to gifts under the tree, and we were all thrilled! Somehow David and I missed the memo that we were opening our gifts this weekend so his parents did all the giving and we did all the receiving and it worked out just fine. William started us off right by opening up the first gift and exclaiming with unbridled joy "This is just what I was wishing for!" We all had the warm-fuzzies watching Aaron and William's glee as they opened all their gifts.
...until William opened his last gift and said thru quivering lips "This is NOT what I was wishing for!" I guess the authenticity works both ways... Of course, he does like the gift, it's the first thing the boys were fighting over when we got home this afternoon.
Buss and Joyce had prepared a feast of treats to last us the entire day on Saturday, and we took full advantage of it! Other than a quick trip to Bass Pro (for the boys) and the Antique/Flea Market (for the girls) we spent the day relaxing, eating, watching football, eating, playing and then we finished up the day by eating some more!
Here's some quick snapshots of my gifts. After much not-so-subtle hinting this year, Joyce gave me one of her unique handmade purses, with a nice wallet to match. I am thrilled! Her purses are better than what can be found at these fancy little boutique shops here in town, we tell her she should take orders (and maybe she will...) They also picked out some antique candle-holders for me and of course I'm happy to have something new to collect (I hear my friends groaning at this news).
Thanks Mom & Dad VanDyke!
2 comments:
Every moment was a treasure! And it was truly our pleasure!
Mom and Dad
It sounds like a magical weekend. That purse is great. Handmade purses are the rage at the hospital and that one is by far prettier than any I have seen!
Post a Comment