Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dallas

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a conference in Dallas, TX with three friends from church. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip:

Early morning shadows in our meeting space


Working on team project from beautiful 9th floor balcony


Drip


Sixth floor window of Book Depository in downtown Dallas (if that tree had been there years ago...)


Downtown Man


This last picture took the Grand Prize!

3 comments:

DVD said...

I always doubted the "lone gunman" theory until I visited the Book Depository for myself and sat in the 6th floor window. The window is so close to the street it all suddenly seemed very possible. And "the grassy knoll" is also so close that it seems impossible for someone to have shot from there without being seen. Regardless, a very sobering spot in the world. As is the stoop where "downtown man" is sleeping. Thanks for capturing these moments for us.

Ben Canlas said...

Hi! I haven't visited your blog in a while; the new look is great! And, I must say, your photography is excellent. I aspire. :-) Can I ask what photo editing/processing software you're using? I just realized I have access to a Mac so I'm going to try iPhoto for my food photos... (this weekend, deep fried turkey!)

Thanks for the inspiring me with your great pics!

Anna Casey said...

Thanks, BC!

I do most of my picture stuff on my Mac, so I use iPhoto, but it's an older version. I'm hoping to be updated for Christmas. Honestly, my favorite editing program is Picassa from Google and you can download it for free. It has more options, it's VERY easy to use, and I just like it the best for simple stuff, which is mostly what I do. It's not compatible with Mac yet, so you've got to use it on your PC.