Monday, February 11, 2008
Warm, Cozy Home
As I was chauffering the boys home from preschool today in the sleet and snow (with excellent slippery-pavement driving skills, mind you, thanks to my father) Aaron says, "I'll be so glad to get to our warm and cozy house." And I said "Me too!" Only, today, I felt it more deeply than just a simple agreement with his statement. I felt a gratefulness for my home, for my new status as full-time-stay-at-home-mom, for the luxuries I so often take for granted. Dang, I mean, I just spent 90 minutes at Walmart by myself, and went from there to the coffee shop to sip tea and read my book - all while my children were happily nestled at preschool for four hours! I know, "stay-at-home mom" should mean that I actually enjoy staying home, with them also being present in the home at the same time as me. I enjoy that too, of course, but the wonderous breaks that come with the status of being a "pre-school mom" are like a new and exotic drug, and I'm hooked.
I'm just lovin' life today. Despite the last week of sickness keeping me trapped in our "warm & cozy" home, I'm grateful for this place, and my place in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Uh oh. Hooked on being a preschool mom? Interesting dilemma. Hmmm.
Post a Comment